Re: ramdisk

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007, Xu Yang wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I want to use ramdisk to boot my filesystem, as I can't use NFS and harddisk.
>
> I have load the ramdisk into the ram memory (start address :0x4000000)
>
> and in the boot options I specified : root =dev/ram0 initrd=0x4000000

Since you don't know what the default directory is, perhaps
root should be /dev/ram0. Also, make sure you actually create
those device nodes in /dev

[Snipped...]

> but the kernel said it can not find any file system on it.
>
> regards,
>
> Yang

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.6.22.1 on an i686 machine (5588.30 BogoMips).
My book : http://www.AbominableFirebug.com/
_

The information transmitted in this message is confidential and may be privileged.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Analogic Corporation immediately - by replying to this message or by sending an email to [email protected] - and destroy all copies of this information, including any attachments, without reading or disclosing them.

Thank you.