Re: GPL weasels and the atheros stink

On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 16:03:07 +0200, Marc Espie said:

> Look at the situation: Reyk Floeter writes some code, puts it
> under a dual licence, and goes on vacation.
>
> While he's away, some other people (Jiri, for starters) tweak the
> copyright and licence on the file he's mostly written. Without asking
> Reyk. Without even having the basic decency to wait for him to be
> around.

And we collectively told Jiri where to stick that.

So let's recap:

1) Jiri submitted a borked patch that changed the licenses.
2) We didn't accept said patch.
3) There's then a whole big fuss about a *NON EXISTENT PROBLEM*.

I could see where the *BSD people could complain if we had *accepted and
distributed* said patch.  But it was wrong, we recognized it was wrong,
and the system is working as designed.  So let's quit the flamefest already.

Geez.