Re: [patches] [patch 3/5] x86: Add PCI extended config space access for AMD Barcelona

Andi,

On 03.09.07 14:48:41, Andi Kleen wrote:

> > As said above, I do not see CF8 access as a workaround. I expect my
> > system to work in the same way also if MMCONFIG is not available.
>
> It should boot sure, but exotic stuff not working is not a major issue

It is not only about booting the system without MMCONFIG, it is also
about using the system. For this PCI ECS CF8 access is needed. So why
not adding support for this? Excluding major parts of CPU registers
when using CF8 base access only will cause writing code to workaround
this. Not very nice to handle.

-Robert

--
AMD Saxony, Dresden, Germany