Re: [patch] enable userspace cpu core voltage control with acpi-cpufreq

On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 16:41:32 +0200 (CEST)
<[email protected]> wrote:

> please add me as CC to any answear to that post.
>

> Hello,
> i want to make a patch known that provides a userspace interface to
> control the core voltage of a computer processor(s).

(of course doing this scares the bejeezes out of me ;)

One request; can you please make it so that the code marks the kernel
as tainted when such out-of-spec settings are used?
(pick a taint flag, any taint flag, I thought we had one for
overclocking (which is effectively what you're doing) but it seems that
one got removed)...
This way if people get an oops at least it's clear for people that look
at such oopses that something funky is going on, and that they can then
prioritize looking at such an oops accordingly..

Greetings,
   Arjan van de Ven