Re: Linux, 2.6.23-rc5, powersaving degradation, (time spend in C0 goes up after a while)

On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 19:40:38 +0200
Christian Leber <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have observed some oddness in the powersaving behavior in rc5 and
> the rcs before and i suspect this may be scheduler related.
>
> After booting or resuming from drisk or ram(!) the wakeups are about
> 45 per second (about 1% C0 (cpu runng)) and after
> about half an hour to hours of doing nothing with the laptop besides
> having a powertop in konsole the wakeups rise to about 6200 and the
> cpu is running 55% of the time.
>
> (with rc3 this was odder, it took three time pretty exactly 43min
> until this occured)
>
> I appended the output of powertop and the .config.
> But powertop doesn't even show the reason for the wakeups, probably
> they don't exist, but the power usage really goes up.
>
> The hardware is btw. Dell latitude d830 (intel T7300, intel wlan and
> gfx)

can you give us an lspci -vvxx of the system when it's in this "bad"
state? We have a very vague suspicion on something like this, the lspci
would help us a lot (this is a really rare thing that we can't really
reproduce, but it has been reported a few times before)