Re: kernel-doc: fix doc blocks and html

On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 21:06 -0700, Randy Dunlap wrote:

> Johannes is using a feature of kernel-doc that I wasn't even familiar
> with, also one that no one else is using.  I'm sure that Johannes can
> point us to some source code and generated output for it though.

It's not been merged yet:
http://johannes.sipsolutions.net/files/mac80211.h.txt
and just generated with your updated kernel-doc:
http://johannes.sipsolutions.net/files/mac80211.html

Example for the problem is in the "Hardware crypto acceleration"
section, but it's now obviously no longer visible.

> If you want to see a little of it in source code form, 2 net drivers
> use it, but then they aren't processed by kernel-doc for generated
> output.

Yeah, that's something I too need to work on. I'm thinking of making a
new include statement for the DOC: sections too, e.g.
   !P<filename>,<sectionname>

The thing is that if I simply add the docs to a docbook instead of DOC:
sections nobody will read it and I surely will continually need to point
to that. This way, people who use it daily will probably read it in the
header file but we can still generate pretty output for other places.

Anyhow, thanks a lot for this patch, the changes seem to work perfectly.

johannes