Re: cpu hotplug support broken in 2.6.23-rc3

Hi Pavel,
On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 12:43:50PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Trying to do few onlines/offlines reliably hangs my machine (thinkpad
> x60, i386 architecture).

That's strange.

I've been running cpu offline/online tests with kern bench,
cpufreq-ondemand and a few rt-tasks running in the background
and it has worked for me.
Something like 100 iterations without a problem. But these were on
machines with 4-8 cpus.  So may be this could be something specific to
the dual cpu machine.

Can you post the .config? I'll try to recreate it?

It's really strange since you mention that it tooks was
an echo 1/0 into the sysfs file to break it.

> Plus I guess it would be nice to add CPU HOTPLUG into MAINTAINERS
> file:

There is a list of maintainers in the Documentation/cpu-hotplug.txt,
which includes maintainers for different platforms as well.

It's a good idea to add that info to the MAINTAINERS file as well.

Thanks and Regards
gautham.
--
Gautham R Shenoy