Re: Who wants to maintain KR list for stable releases? (was Re: nmi_watchdog=2 regression in 2.6.21)

On 8/27/07, Daniel Walker <[email protected]> wrote:
> Now that I'm looking at the kernel bugzilla .. If you set the kernel
> version to 2.6.22 and set the "Regression" check box you could denote
> the fact that it's a regression in that kernel version ..
>
> I don't know if this URL is going to come out right,
>
> <snip url>
>
> That should be open bugs , kernel version 2.6.22, with the regression
> check box set ..
>
> So you may not need a master tracking bug ..

Yep, that's another way to do it. The method I described earlier is
commonly used when you don't have the handy regression field in
bugzilla. The technique is handy for creating lists for tracking other
types of issues which don't necessarily fall into a component and you
don't want to bother customizing bugzilla.

I also suspect that there will be a number of common searches that
many people will find useful. With recent versions of bugzilla (3.0+)
you can share searches within groups, but it may be helpful to have a
wiki or some other page where useful searches can be stored, or one of
the templates edited to include those common searches.

-Dave