Restricting CDC-ACM devices

I would like to use the cdc-acm driver in the Linux kernel (2.6.22-rc1),
but restrict the access to only my VID/PID devices.  Is there an easy way
to do with without modifying cdc-acm.c?

In a past prototype I made a simple wrapper driver for usb serial by
adding my VID/PID numbers to the wrapper driver's id_table.  Then when
that usb driver was accessed on connection, the driver just pointed to the
usb_serial_* functions (probe, disconnect, etc).  I tried to do the same
with the cdc-acm driver, but the cdc-acm driver's probe function was
called before my driver's probe.  I noticed that the cdc-amc driver will
attach when it detects the two CDC-ACM interfaces, so I removed the
cdc-acm driver with "make menuconfig".  This didn't work because the
cdc-acm functions I was attempting to call from my driver do not exist.

Thanks for the help,
-Nate