Re: List stripping out cc's

Avi Kivity wrote:
Heiko Carstens wrote:
The only thing remotely relevant in the list config is that 'Filter out duplicate messages to list members (if possible)' is set as a default for new members. Maybe this means that if a cc is also part of the list, that cc is stripped (which seems a wierd implementation; I'd have expected that cc be kept and just one copy sent out).

 Anybody have a clue?

I got also removed when I was cc'ed. IIRC that started when I subscribed to
the list. So it looks like people who are subscribed to the list get
removed from the cc list.
That's very annoying btw. ;)

I think I see what is happening. The list gets a message that you are copied on. It sees you have opted not to receive duplicates, it strips you from the cc list, since it knows that you will receive another copy by direct routing (outside the list).

Well, there is also /quite/ the problem with the Mail-Followup-To header, which causes most mailers to ignore the preferences of the community in favor of the preferences of the message author -- which totally screws up traditional To/CC handling on LKML.

	Jeff