Re: [draft] Blackfin Early Printk implmentation

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 01:36:39PM -0400, Robin Getz wrote:
> The patch (for review - not inclusion - I will send to Bryan if no one has any
> major objections, and he can push it via git) implements early printk for the
> Blackfin architecture.
>
> It also adds an early exception handler, so if an
> interrupt/exception/violation happens before the kernel enables it's
> interrupts (yes that does happen periodically, and it is a nice to have a
> debug feature to help , that we don't go back to the bootloaders exception
> processing table...
>
> It also removes some of the crap that was trying to implement the same thing
> (poorly).

So this patch does three things at least:
-> adds early_printk
-> delete cruft emulating early printk
-> add an early excaption handler

That seems to explain why I could not follow your code changes.
A more fine grained splitup would have helped here.

I noticed that you copied the actual early_printk code from x86_64.
What was preventing you from just using the x86_64 code here?
A simple
#include <arch/x86_64/boot/early_printk.c>
in the blackfin early_printk should do the trick.

alpha btw uses the implementation in lib/*printf.c
Are there a specific reason why blackfin and x86_64 does not do the same?
Thinking that all should do the same so maybe alpha ought to change...

	Sam