Re: [linux-pm] Re: Storing Maintainers info around the kernel tree

On 08/17/2007 03:58 AM, Alan Stern wrote:

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007, Rene Herman wrote:

On 08/16/2007 11:39 PM, Stefan Richter wrote:
Rene Herman wrote:

I personally don't think there's a whole lot wrong with more and more expecting people who submit patches (for whom this automation is intended) to be using git.

You mean "people who frequently submit patches for various different
subsystems".

Erm, I guess. Is that agreeing or disagreeing with me?

Don't forget also that the MAINTAINERS information is (or should be!)
used by people who want to submit bug reports, not just by people who
submit patches.  Bug reporters shouldn't need to use Git.

Like I said:

If it's about non-developer users, I suspect it would to a fairly large
degree be an "in theory" thing to expect that said user does want the
information in a downloaded releases, but not in git, and not online where git-web could also easily display all the information right alongside the files.

And again, generating the MAINTAINERS file/info into releases is fine as well.

Rene.