Re: + serial-turn-serial-console-suspend-a-boot-rather-than-compile-time-option.patch added to -mm tree

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 20:23:23 +0200
"Rafael J. Wysocki" <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 14 August 2007 12:39, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > > Thanks, updated below!
> > >

> > > serial: turn serial console suspend a boot rather than compile time option
> > >
> > > From: Andres Salomon <[email protected]>
> > >
> > > Currently, there's a CONFIG_DISABLE_CONSOLE_SUSPEND that allows one to stop
> > > the serial console from being suspended when the rest of the machine goes
> > > to sleep.  This is incredibly useful for debugging power
> > > management-related
> >
> > Actually, this should not be configurable. We should simply enable
> > console during suspend for consoles that can handle this,
> > automatically.... this patch does just that. I hope I separated it
> > correctly.

I disagree.  I expect that this will break things; I would prefer to keep
it as a configuration option.  If you want to enable it by default, that's
one thing; but give users the option to turn it off.

--
Andres Salomon <[email protected]>