Re: Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address

On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 01:44:24AM +0200, shacky wrote:
 > > You snipped the most important part.  Even a digital photo of the
 > > crash would be more useful than what we have above.
 > > So far, there's not really much to go on.
 >
 > Could you tell me what is the most important part, so I try to rewrite
 > it by hand?

It's hard to blindly guess because there's so little to go on.
At the least, a complete list of the modules loaded, the EIP/RIP
and the call trace. (This makes up 90% of the output, hence the
suggestion to take a photograph).

 > I don't think a digital photo will be much useful because the whole
 > error is writed on a simple black screen with white caracters.

That's expected. We usually cope with that quite well.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk