Re: Question: RT schedular : task_tick_rt(struct rq *rq, structtask_struct *p) : decreases overhead when rq->nr_running == 1

* Mitchell Erblich <[email protected]> wrote:

> First, RT/RR tasks are not deprecated. [...]

I'm confused, do you say this in reference to anything i said? I did not
say that RR tasks are deprecated and you were top-posting so i cannot
connect it to anything specific. I only said RR tasks are _rare_:

>> this is a pretty rare codepath because the overwhelming majority of
>> RT apps uses SCHED_FIFO [...]

and i hope you can see the difference between 'rare' and 'deprecated'
;-) And i suspect you also missed the last bit of what i wrote:

>> So this is on several levels an uncommon workload and by adding a
>> check like that we'd increase the codesize. But ... no strong
>> feelings against this optimization - if you send a proper patch we
>> can apply it, it certainly makes sense from a logic POV.

and you also missed the first bit it appears:

>> your change is a possible optimization, [...]

so you are banging, with full force, on completely open doors =B-)

	Ingo