Re: UART misbehaves under Linkstation/KuroBoxHG

Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
On Thu, 9 Aug 2007, Oncaphillis wrote:
  I hope I found the the misconfigured part. I didn't look
  at /etc/inittab. It opens a getty on /dev/ttyS0. That
  might do the trick. Have to recompile my kernel right now with
  standard config to check this out.

Hm, for that you don't have to recompile the kernel... unless you modified it before, of course. Just change your inittab and reboot.

  Oh I know... I just played around with the kernel config
  to solve the problem and ended up with a kernel that didn't
  boot at all..

  Well ... it doesn't seem to need the daemons but at least
  the kuro_boot  script or something similar has to be executed
  once sending the right init strings to the AVR or your system
  reboots after a few minutes at least on my box.

No, shouldn't be needed either. You should get a string in dmesg like "linkstation: disarming the AVR watchdog:", and the watchdog should be off. Just take the original .dts, unmodified kernel sources and close enough to original (arch/powerpc/configs/linkstation_defconfig) .config and it should work.

 Thanks again...

Thanks
Guennadi
---