Re: Creating virtual interface triggers an IGMPv3 Join to Multicast DNS

Hi Kyle,

Ah-hah, you nailed it right on the head. I unknowingly had Bonjour
running (must be installed by default on Fedora Core 3), which started a
process 'mDNSResponder'. I'm guessing that's the bugger that's fire off
these multicast joins.

Thanks for the tip!

-Adam