Re: Disk spin down issue on shut down/suspend to disk

On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 09:51 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Aug 2007, Tejun Heo wrote:
> > Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
---snip---
> > > Any chances of changing things
> > > so that we inspect/snoop all tasks sent to the device, and filter them
> > > out, or react to them accordingly?
> >
> > No, we can't unless we snoop ACPI method execution and detect accesses
> > to IO ports or iomem regions.  It's not going through any driver.  This
> > is a gross mess.
>
> I don't mean fixing the stuff clowns like Toshiba did.  The correct fix for
> that is to blacklist the hell out of that crap and patch their DSDT into
> something remotely sane.
>
> I do mean snooping the ACPI methods that *return* a taskset to send to the
> driver, and we send that taskset ourselves in libata and libpata(?).

I haven't read the whole thread in every detail, but this sounds like a
very intrusive, overdosed workaround.

Are the DSDT/SSDTs already lying around somewhere (collecting them in a
bug assigned to ACPI component should be a good idea)?
Could someone give me a pointer where this happens (best in code and
DSDT).

Thanks,

   Thomas