Re: [patch] genirq: fix simple and fasteoi irq handlers

On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 10:04:08AM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> * Jarek Poplawski <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I can't guarantee this is all needed to fix this bug, but I think this
> > patch is necessary here.
>
> hmmm ... very interesting! Now _this_ is something we'd like to see
> tested. Could you send a patch to Marcin that also undoes the workaround
> we have in place now, so that he could check whether ne2k-pci works fine
> with your fix alone?

I'm not sure this is needed... Marcin got this patch, I hope, and I
don't have another possibility to contact with him. Since he managed
with this bisection and all the previous patches I don't think there
could be any problems, so:

Marcin! I'd be very glad if you could test this patch alone; this
should apply without any problems to 2.6.21 (with some offset) and
later "vanilla" versions (or try to revert Ingo's last patch with
patch -p1 -R). Please, contact me on any problems (alas not during
the weekend...).

Thanks,
Jarek P.

PS: of course, I'm very curious of this testing too, but, on the other
hand, as I've written earlier, I think this patch is needed for logical
reasons only, and it really doesn't look like it could make any damage
here.