Re: [NFS] rpc.mountd crashes when extensively using netgroups

Neil Brown wrote:
> I'm having troubling visualising the problematic setup.  Is it
> possible to get a copy of the /etc/exports file, and some idea of what
> hosts are in which netgroups?  Knowing that would help assess the
> appropriateness of various solutions.

The attached file contains a synthetic configuration with 500 exports
that triggers the bug. Put some useful hostnames in the workstations
netgroup
in the enclosed /etc/netgroups, start the nfs service and try to mount
one of the exported directories from a host you put in the workstations
netgroup.

The mount should fail. Whether mountd crashes or not seems to depend on
previous mounts from the host. You may need to start with a truncated
/etc/exports,
successfully mount a shared path on a host, export the full /etc/exports and
mount another share on the host.

- Stefan