acpi=off vs. blacklist

Hello everybody!

I have two machines which freeze during boot; this seems to be ACPI-related,
because with acpi=off they start.

The first one is the HP DC 7700; some summary can be seen on
  http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1081719
It hangs after a line
  ACPI assume root bridge[\sp_.pci0] bus is 0

The second one is a notebook; a Roda Rocky III+ RK886EX, which just shows a
blank screen.

As we drive many machines from the same kernel image via PXE, I tried to
insert them into drivers/acpi/blacklist.c; but that doesn't help, either -
the notebook hangs as before, no matter whether I set is_critical_error or
not.
 [ I suppose I wrote the entries wrong; is there some HOWTO? I used
   acpidump/acpixtract/acpitbl, copied other blacklist entries, and took
   "OEM Table ID", "OEMID", "OEM REVISION". Help? ]

Using the "ACPI debug" kernel option showed no more messages.

Help, please? What can/should I do now?

Regards,

Phil