Re: [ck] Re: SD still better than CFS for 3d ?(was Re: 2.6.23-rc1)

* John <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ingo-
>
> Why not perform the same test using the native linux Q3 client to
> compare numbers to wine? [...]

I regularly test native Linux games on CFS, and they all behave well.
While waiting for more detailed data from Kasper i was looking for
atypical stuff in Kasper's description about what his workload involves,
and what looked a bit atypical was that Kasper's workload also involved
gaming under Wine:

> > > my test subjects are quake(s), world of warcraft via wine, unreal
> > > tournament 2004. [...]

and Wine is a more complex server/client scenario instead of a single
(and simple) standalone Quake3 binary that the Linux binary does. So it
looked more interesting from a scheduler workload (and scheduler
regression) POV. In any case i'll need more info from Kasper.

	Ingo