Re: [RFC] scheduler: improve SMP fairness in CFS

Ingo Molnar wrote:

the 3s is the problem: change that to 60s! We no way want to over-migrate for SMP fairness, the change i did gives us reasonable long-term SMP fairness without the need for high-rate rebalancing.

Actually, I do have requirements from our engineering guys for short-term fairness. They'd actually like decent fairness over even shorter intervals...1 second would be nice, 2 is acceptable.

They are willing to trade off random peak performance for predictability.

Chris