Re: make randconfig improvement

On 7/25/07, Sam Ravnborg <[email protected]> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 06:42:38AM +0000, Dave Young wrote:
> Hi,
> IMHO, the randconfig option make no sense sometimes. For me, My
> computer need some must-have config options, like SATA and USB
> keyboard config options. I think many other people maybe have similar
> problems.
>
> So, what about improve the randconfig?  let's add some basic options ,
> like oldconfig.   We can use randconfig based user-defined options,
> randing except the pre-defined ones.
>
> What's your opinons?

kconfig has support for reading a file specified by by
$KCONFIG_ALLCONFIG or if not specified for randconfig to read
a file named allrandom.config.

The syntax of the files are the same as in .config.

How far is this from what you try to achieve?

        Sam

Yes, it does achieve my goal, thanks. sorry for this noise.