Re: v2.6.22.1-rt5

On Tuesday 24 July 2007, Ingo Molnar wrote:
>* Gene Heskett <[email protected]> wrote:
>> The above stanza still needs some tlc.  I built a 2.6.22.1-rt6 (rt5
>> wouldn't build) using the same old config that a make oldconfig didn't
>> fuss about, but the reboot never completed, see the attached, heavily
>> smunched camera shot of the panic.
>>
>> Kinda looks like hda/sda confusion, with rt3 (this boot), its hda*,
>> what is it now?  fstab or kernel config error?
>
>yeah, as long as your filesystems are created with a proper label, all
>that you need to do is to change all 'hda' to 'sda' in the new kernel's
>/etc/grub.conf entry. (or enable the old IDE code in the .config, under
>CONFIG_IDE)
>
>	Ingo

Damn, I didn't say it clear enough, the / is on an LVM volume.  /Boot is
on /dev/hda1, aka (hd0,0) in the first line.  Since the msg pointed at 0,0,
I'll switch that line to "root (sd0,0)" just for grins.

I take it that was an auto-conversion?  I did nothing to confirm any changes
when I ran a make oldconfig, using the 2.6.22.1-rt3 .config as the src
config.

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene