Re: Git tree for old kernels from before the current tree

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
> >
> > What is missing is:
> >
> >  - v0.02 sources
>
> I think this really is gone. 0.03 was such an improvement on 0.02 that I
> think what happened was that I literally removed 0.02 (hey, it wasn't
> historically interesting at the time!). It's not the first time people
> have wondered about it.
>
> 0.03 was the first version where you could actually do things under Linux,
> and I think I could compile etc. I *think* it was released pretty close
> after 0.02, which made 0.02 appear even more flawed and a brown-paper-bag
> release.

Could that version be found anywhere?

> >  - v0.10 announcement
>
> Hmm. That one would be interesting, since the reason for the 0.03->0.10
> jump was that I was getting so happy with how it was actually working for
> me (ie able to compile itself under itself). But I don't see it, and it's
> not on google in the comp.os.minix archives either, afaik.

Anyone out there keeping an archive of those old posts?  Archival sites
appear to have a black hole during that period.

> >  - v0.99.12 announcement
>
> Well, the 0.99.12 announcement is found by google.
>
> 	http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.announce/browse_thread/thread/8a19289f68a4af35/fe433c9df4b382a5?lnk=st&q=&rnum=1#fe433c9df4b382a5
>
> In general, google groups (search by date and author, and make the group
> be something like *linux*) is good, I found the above on the first try.

Yeah... Don't know what happened.  I must have found it then because I
had a file to store it in my data directory, but somehow it was empty.
Fixed now.

Nicolas