Re: [linux-pm] Power Management framework proposal

> >> son anyway)
> >
> > I don't think you have got it right: the only info being passed is the
> > standard cpufreq list of frequencies; everything else is part of the
> > cpufreq driver.
>
> to make the decisions the software makeing the decision needs to know how
> much power would be used at each freq setting.

power used at a certain frequency is not a single variable.
In fact, on most laptops and other similarly power aware devices, it's
in fact better for power consumption to always go to the maximum
frequency as quickly as possible, so that you can be idle for the
longest possible time after that. Good luck finding a generic way to
represent such things in a (userspace) interface....