Re: [DRIVER SUBMISSION] DRBD wants to go mainline

On 21/07/07, Lars Ellenberg <[email protected]> wrote:

        DRBD wants to go mainline.
        please have a look at the "for-linus" branch of
        git://git.drbd.org/home/git/linux-drbd.git.

I just fetched yourt branch and had a (very) quick look.

Some comments.

Try running your patches through scripts/checkpatch.pl - it shows a
lot of style problems. Fixing those up would probably be a good step
towards mainline.  Remember, checkpatch.pl is not the law - in some
situations what it complains about can be totally valid, but usually
what it highlights is stuff that it is prefered to clean up (I'd say
especially now prior to inclusion so we don't have to do it post
inclusion).

A few of your files suffer from trailing whitespace at the end of lines.

It's interresting to build your code with -W. It shows up quite a few
signed vs unsigned comparisons, unused parameters, expressions that
are always false, etc.  Although I doubt anyone is going to complain
too loudly about stuff that only shows up with "-W", cleaning it up
can't hurt.

--
Jesper Juhl <[email protected]>
Don't top-post  http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/T/top-post.html