Re: [RFC] what should 'uptime' be on suspend?

Ken Moffat wrote:
On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 10:42:15AM -0700, Randy Dunlap wrote:
man uptime:
	uptime - tell how long the system has been running

I claim that the system is not running when it is suspended,
so the suspension time should not be included in uptime.

 So, maybe I shouldn't have put corrected in inverted commas,
because this was a real correction and my previous usage was an
unintended side-effect of an error.

 Anyway, the current behaviour is known and I guess any attempt to
change it (e.g. to what Bill was expecting) won't be well received.

So is setting it to a random number considered correct behavior? Any of the first three values I mentioned would make sense, but the value I see is neither time since resume, time since power-on to do the resume, or any of the logical uptime values. That was the whole point of the original post, the uptime reported makes no sense at all.

--
bill davidsen <[email protected]>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc