Re: [RFC, Announce] Unified x86 architecture, arch/x86

> > It's not really the same platform: one is PC hardware going back forever
> > with zillions of bugs, the other is modern PC platforms which much less
> > bugs and quirks
>
> hehe, I'm seeing a bunch of bugs and quirks appear.  It's just that
> x86_64 isn't as old as i386 to have as many of them. But give it time.

It will always fundamentally always have less bugs and quirks than i386 because
it's much younger. Modern x86 is significantly different than traditional x86
and in the old days hardware wasn't really tested for the now modern interfaces,
so they tended to have a lot of bugs and quirks.

-Andi