Re: block/bsg.c

On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 12:48 -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:

> > > Certainly, I'll pull them into the bsg branch.
> >
> > While you're at it, here's a patch to separate BSG and SCSI again (so
> > SCSI can be built modular).  The way I did it was simply to move the
> > SCSI specific logic into SCSI.  When you come up with a generic way to
> > register the bsg requiring drivers, then we can move it out again.
>
> I note that block/scsi_ioctl.c is geting compiled with CONFIG_SCSI=n.
> Seems odd.

No, that's fine ... the reason scsi_ioctl.c moved to block was precisely
so that non SCSI devices could use the ioctls, thus it should be there
even if SCSI is not.

> (Actually, it's failing to compile (in the middle of the bsg series) so I need
> to fix it by hand somehow to continue this bisect)

I generally use quilt to help with this (just quilt up the fix and apply
and remove it around the bisects).  I seem to get tons of trees with
unrelated breakage right around where the voyager failures are.

James