Re: PROBLEM: kernel hang in ohci init

David Brownell wrote:
> On Thursday 12 July 2007, Satyam Sharma wrote:
>
> Note that hangs in that file almost always mean "your BIOS is goofy".
> Hunt for BIOS settings related to USB, and change them.
This laptop's BIOS only offers "legacy support" enabled or disabled,
both of which lead to frozen kernel. I will investigate whether the GIT
tree freezes at the same point.

>>> after this, kernel apparently goes into busy waiting (fans gradually
>>> turn louder) and hangs indefinitely. I have also made sure that writel
>>> (in linux/include/asm/io.h) really is entered, but never returns.
>
> Does the current kernel.org GIT tree do the same thing?  A bunch
> of USB patches were recently merged, including ISTR one in that
> area ...
It does the same thing, git5, that is. Sorry I took so long, but I didnt
get to testing this earlier.

It is just odd that up to (not including) the 2.6.21-series every kernel
boots, and after that, they just freeze.

I am kinda stumped here.

Regards
TL