Re: Documentation of kernel messages (Summary)

On Friday 13 July 2007 9:46:59 pm Tsugikazu Shibata wrote:
> > > How about adding;
> > > kernel-doc-nano-HOWTO.txt
> >
> > The problem is, the generated htmdocs are in english.  This file is about
> > how to generate (and author) English documentation that won't be
> > translated. What's the point of translating the instructions if the
> > result won't be translated?
>
> People (who even in non-native) would better to know and read it such
> htmldocs because there are good and important documents even in English.
> I thought that translation of this file may help.

The english version of htmldocs is generated from the source code.    If
translating remotely current versions of htmldocs into other languages was
feasible, then the english version wouldn't need to be in the source code in
the first place.

Translating a document _about_ htmldocs boils down to "Dear non-english
speaker: here's something you can't read, nor can you update it either except
though your language maintainer."

Rob
  - Ken Thompson.