Re: Forward port of latest RT patch (2.6.21.5-rt20) to 2.6.22 available

On Friday 13 July 2007, Peter Williams wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:

>>> I've just been reviewing these patches and have spotted an error in the
>>> file mm/slob.c at lines 500-501 whereby a non existent variable "c" is
>>> referenced.  The attached patch is a proposed fix to the problem.
>>
>> Could this explain why 2.6.22.1-rt1 seems to use a lot of swap?  I've been
>> as high as 570 megs into swap, currently at 286megs after doing a
>> swapoff --a;swapon -a about 8 hours ago.
>
>No.  This problem would have caused the build to fail if slob was
>configured.
>
>Peter

Which, now that I've gone back and looked only has SLAB as the choice in the
make xconfig.  It did that switch rather silently as I had been using SLUB
all the way through the 2.6.22-rcN series just to exersize the new option.

In any event, both rt2 and rt3 seem to have that under total control now.  No
swap is being indicated by htop, and kmail is up to 122 megs.  Uptime with
rt3 is 8.5 hours now & so far everything is running rather nicely.  Except of
course for tvtime.  I fwd'd the logs from that to the v4l list, but haven't
been graced with a reply as yet.

Thanks Peter.

--
Cheers, Gene