Re: howto create partitions bigger than 2TB

Ingo Freund wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've got a RAID5 (driver aacraid for an ICP9047MA) with four
> 750GB hdds which provides a 2.25TB sized device.
> None of the until now used tools will work with that device.
> fdisk complains about missing cylinder count.
> cfdisk misses the device size.
> parted shows the right device size but only creates a partion
> with 51GB.
> What am I supposed to do to work with this device?
> Which fs can handle it?
> (CONFIG LARGE BLOCK is on)
> We are talking about a 32Bit machine with vanilla kernel 2.6.21.5.

You have to use GPT partitions instead of DOS partitions (although you
may have to leave your /boot as an DOS partitions, this is supposed to
be possible as the two partitioning schemes are designed to coexist, but
I don't think parted has support for it yet.)

	-hpa