Re: acpi regression on some laptops

Alessandro Zummo wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:17:25 -0400
Chuck Ebbert <[email protected]> wrote:

 I'm trying to debug it.. any help/pointers are appreciated. I dont't
 have a deep knowledge of the subsystems involved.
What options did you try?

  nohpet
  nohz=off
  highres=off

Should be tried in various combinations.

 Hi,

   I tried all the permutations of the above with the same result:
 the kernel hangs at NET: Registering protocol family 2.

 With nolapic it hangs at APIC: Using PIC for interrupt routing

 With acpi=off it boots but, obviously, everything acpi related
 does not work.
anything else I can try? The laptop does not have a serial port,
 so I can't capture the dmesg output.

I'm unsure just what hardware you're working with, but try using the option nolapic_timer.