Re: Gmail and flowed text (was Re: Correction to LZO1X)

do you have ssh access?  if so, setup a linux machine outside of this
evil network and ssh into it.  ssh is pretty configurable to get
around firewalls/nats.

enjoy

On 7/11/07, Satyam Sharma <[email protected]> wrote:
On 7/11/07, Satyam Sharma <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 7/11/07, Gerb Stralko <[email protected]> wrote:
> [...]
> > This link will help:
> > http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/pine/pc/#gmail
> >
> > Scroll down untill you see a yellow box section that say:
> > Gmail Tips
> >     * If you want to use the Gmail SMTP server for your outgoing
> > messages, I recommend that you create a Pine Role that includes these
> > ACTIONS:
>
> Ok, I read through the relevant bits of that page, thanks. My box
> here doesn't resolve smtp.gmail.com / pop.gmail.com and there
> could be firewalling issues on top of that, so I'm not too hopeful ...
> but I'll give it a try definitely.

I tried adding the IP address for {smtp,pop}.gmail.com directly to
my /etc/hosts, finally just substituted with the IP address itself in
pine (as suggested on that link), but couldn't connect. I should've
expected, with the evil NAT setup that I mentioned earlier ... all
boxes here have private addresses (only) assigned to them, and
connect to the outside world via a (squid/web) proxy ... Ick.
[The proxy does allow CONNECT so some hope is left still.]

Thanks for suggestions,

Satyam