Re: Linux 2.6.22 released

* Linus Torvalds ([email protected]) wrote:
> I'm hoping your Debian/sid gcc version is some very experimental
> known-buggy one, and not something that people _expect_ to be solid and
> work well?

No such luck. :(  Debian's close to moving to gcc-4.2 as the default
compiler in sid.  We've rebuilt the archive a number of times (both
since the 4.2 release and during its development) using gcc-4.2 and
thought we'd identified most of the issues with it.

It clearly sounds like we need to open a high-severity bug on this issue
and track it down before we move to it as the default compiler.  I'll
start harassing the appropriate folks also.

Stefano, can you file that bug, including the config, dmesg, and
backtrace from gcc if you can get it?

	Thanks,

		Stephen