Re: Reading a physical memory location

See this in the documentation

The returned virtual address is a current CPU mapping for the memory
address given. It is only valid to use this function on addresses that
have a kernel mapping

This function does not handle bus mappings for DMA transfers. In
almost all conceivable cases a device driver should not be using this
function

Nobin

On 7/11/07, Manu Abraham <[email protected]> wrote:
On 7/11/07, Nobin Mathew <[email protected]> wrote:
> Which is your platform ?
>
> Which processor?
>
> If you want to use physical address directly, then disable MMU. That
> is not possible in linux.

ioremap does map io memory using phys_to_virt
I thought phys_to_virt was enough to remap physical memory to virtual
http://mirror.linux.org.au/linux.conf.au/2005/cdrom-beta-1/linux-mandocs-2.6.12.6/phys_to_virt.html