Re: SMART problems in 2.6.22

Bruce Allen wrote:
Hi David,

http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg164863.html

This is mine and although it's a 'real' problem, it is something that's easy to hack around by having the suspend script turn on smart after it is resumed. (Of course I can't use resume until a skge wol bug is fixed so I won't see/test this unless asked too.)

The smart init scripts run '-s on' when the system boots anyway for my system - this problem only occurs for me during suspend/resume. Maybe smartd should detect that as Alan says.

OK, that should be easy to do. So let's forget about the 'SMART disabled' issue. This is easy to fix in multiple ways and is not a LKML issue.
Sure.

David: can you reproduce the more serious problem http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.utilities.smartmontools/4712 reported by Jan Dvorak?
Sorry, I haven't seen that problem.

David