Re: sata_sil, writing bug with multiple cards?

Hello, list,

I have a little note for this.

About 1 - 1.5 years before i have the same problem.
I have 4 server, each has 3 sata sil card, and 2 of 4 servers freezed in the
first time during the raid5 resyncing!
After restart, the box kicked 2 hdd-s from the array, that are on the same
card.
I try to replace the card to the new one, nothing is chancged, the resync
stopped again.
I try to swap over the 2x3 card on the 2 server, and nothing is changed!
When i try to read the strip (raid5) all works fine.
But if i try to write a large amount of data, these two box freezed. (or
rebooted, i can't remember now)
Finally i buy promise cards to all box, and all problem is gone. :-)

The problem is true, exists, and looks like in the driver. (or workaround of
hardware problem?)

Cheers,

Janos Haar