Question about cpufreq governors

    Hi all :)

    I have an AMD Athlon64, and according to "powernow-k8", it has to
fid's, for 1000MHz and 1800MHz. I don't know if this is correct or if I
should enable ACPI to have more fid's, but my question is not about
this.

    What I want to know is if I can choose "ondemand" governor instead
of the recommended for AMD64, namely the "conservative" governor, since
I will be switching between those two frequencies. I haven't found any
information about my CPU regarding latency when switching between
frequencies, so I don't know if I will be gaining anything using the
"conservative" governor.

    Which governor is better suited for a CPU with only two fid's,
"ondemand" or "conservative"?

    Thanks a lot in advance :)

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado