Re: preemption counter havoc on kgdb-taken faults

Jan Kiszka wrote:

At this chance... Reminds me that this old issue still seems to be
unsolved in current kgdb:

http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg00442.html

I'm only looking at that spot in kgdb right now and /may/ oversee new
border conditions elsewhere. But my feeling is there are none.

Jan (looking forward to see kgdb merged)

Hi Jan,

This issue was fixed in a generic way in the patch set that is in the -mm tree. Had you tried your test case in the current -mm tree?

The problem you mentioned was fixed by saving and restoring the preempt count as a part of the fault handling from the kgdb core and not in the arch specific portion.

Jason.