Re: PATA-disk named sda

On Friday 06 July 2007 14:36:18 Christoph Pleger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > In recent kernels both PATA and SATA (SCSI too) drives are handled by
> > libata  library. It calls all the drives sd* .
>
> If so, what about the use of hdparm then? I could not change parameters
> like DMA, MultSectIO and 32-Bit support with hdparm. sdparm also did not
> do that work.
>
> Regards
>   Christoph
> -

There was a discussion about this on
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-April/msg01079.html
Which concludes with what Alan Cox wrote.
"In DMA modes the 32bit I/O feature and multi-sector mode are not used. For
the moment libata also only supports 32bit PIO on some controllers and for
those
it si handled automatically. Over time it may well gain 32bit support for
more,
but again the goal is it will be entirely automatically done if so."