Re: 2.6.21.5 june 30th to july 1st date hang?

Clemens Koller wrote:

Okay, we all survived Y2K and this little glitch. Puh! ;-)
Can you please explain in which configuration this problem got triggered.

As far as I can tell many kernel versions contained the source code bug. (I'd like some more information on exactly what the problem was if anyone cares to share..the proposed patch didn't give much in the way of specifics.)

However, in order to trigger the problem you also need to have NTP servers that were erroneously broadcasting the addition of a leap second.

So most people didn't see the issue because there wasn't supposed to be a leap second added this year...but they would have seen it the next time a leap second was added.

Chris