Re: [linux-lvm] 2.6.22-rc5 XFS fails after hibernate/resume

On Monday, 2 July 2007 18:36, David Greaves wrote:
> Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> >> (Assuming you mean the mainline version)
> >>
> >> Sounds like a good think to try next...
> >> Couldn't see anything on this in ../Documentation/power/*
> >> How do I enable it?
> >
> > Add 'compute checksum = y' to the s2disk's configuration file.
>
> Ah, right - that's uswsusp isn't it? Which isn't what I'm having problems with
> AFAIK?
>
> My suspend procedure is:
>
> xfs_freeze -f /scratch
> sync
> echo platform > /sys/power/disk
> echo disk > /sys/power/state
> xfs_freeze -u /scratch
>
> Which should work (actually it should work without the sync/xfs_freeze too).
>
> So to debug the problem I'd like to minimally extend this process rather than
> replace it with another approach.

Well, this is not entirely "another approach".  Only the saving of the image is
done differently, the rest is the same.

> I take it there isn't an 'echo y > /sys/power/do_image_checksum'?

No, there is not anything like that.

Greetings,
Rafael

--
"Premature optimization is the root of all evil." - Donald Knuth