Re: Concerning a post that you made about expandable anonymous shared mappings

Yes, I have a good case, but my case may not sound interesting until you see it working.

Ok, I am developing a dynamic memory allocation routine which takes direct advantage of the ability of a machine to use Virtual Memory to make everything look contiguous and fast.

And it just doesn't make sens to have mmap() map ANONYMOUS shared memory and mremap() not to expand it and make the expanded area available.

I am not a 100% sure, but I don't think correcting its behavior would cause a problem.

Would you happen to know how I can work around that issue for now, and make writing in an expended area not to generate a Bus error?

Sincerely,
William Tambe