Re: [linux-pm] Re: [linux-lvm] 2.6.22-rc4 XFS fails after hibernate/resume

David Chinner wrote:
On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 12:16:44AM +0200, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
There are two solutions possible, IMO.  One would be to make these workqueues
freezable, which is possible, but hacky and Oleg didn't like that very much.
The second would be to freeze XFS from within the hibernation code path,
using freeze_bdev().

The second is much more likely to work reliably. If freezing the
filesystem leaves something in an inconsistent state, then it's
something I can reproduce and debug without needing to
suspend/resume.

FWIW, don't forget you need to thaw the filesystem on resume.

I've been a little distracted recently - sorry. I'll re-read the thread and see if there are any test actions I need to complete.

I do know that the corruption problems I've been having:
a) only happen after hibernate/resume
b) only ever happen on one of 2 XFS filesystems
c) happen even when the script does xfs_freeze;sync;hibernate;xfs_thaw

What happens if a filesystem is frozen and I hibernate?
Will it be thawed when I resume?

David