Re: New format Intel microcode...

> I was mainly concerned with this being a new issue, and curious if
> Microsoft was calling an O/S bug a "microcode fix," given that the
> average Windows user doesn't know microcode from nanotech anyway. The
> non-answer from Arjan didn't answer either, and started by calling the

then ask questions?
Linux 2.6 is not affected.. what more is there to say? Regardless of
that as I said, Intel recommends always running the most current
microcode.

> I'd like the microcode update, some people elsewhere speculate that user
> level code could effect reliability if not security.

those "people" are speculating. Simple as that.

(oh and the microcode update is already there as I said... so what's the
problem?)

--
if you want to mail me at work (you don't), use arjan (at) linux.intel.com
Test the interaction between Linux and your BIOS via http://www.linuxfirmwarekit.org