Re: [1/2] 2.6.22-rc6: known regressions

Hi All,

I have done some more work on the sun4c Sparc32 random invalid instruction occourances. The issue only affects the SLAB allocator. The SLUB and SLOB allocators both work OK but SLOB is dreadfully slow making it totally impractical for use on my sun4c. Isolating the problem to the SLAB allocator should make it a bit easier to track down the problem.

It may be desirable to put a comment into Kconfig to indicate that the SLAB allocator is currently broaken for sun4c but that SLUB works well as I dought that I will have found/fixed the problem before 2.6.22.

Regards
	Mark Fortescue.